Fat Tuesday! Food truck outside, music all night!
5pm – New Orleans Jazz Machine
7pm – Occasional Cajun Band
9pm – Jazz Jam
The Occasional Cajun Band plays a mix of traditional Cajun and Creole music. The band performs music found in the dance halls (and at the festivals) in southwest Louisiana including lively two-steps, soulful waltzes and get-down Zydeco. Musical influences include the Balfa Brothers, Amédé Ardoin, Bois Sec Ardoin, (and many members of the Ardoin family), Canray Fontenot, Preston Frank, Al Berard, and Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys. The music is for celebrating, dancing and having fun. Band members Matt Turino (fiddle) and Rob Krumm (accordion) played locally in the Noisy Gators (2001-2004) and also toured nationally with Creole Stomp. Based in Urbana, the full band lineup also includes Sam Payne (guitar), Dave Pride (percussion), Charlie Harris (bass) and Cody Jensen (drums).
- No Cover.
- BYOFood, The Rose Bowl Tavern has the beverages covered.
- Tips for the band not required but always appreciated
- $$$Cash tips in bucket, or ask your bartender to put entertainment tip on your bar tab$$$
- $$$ Venmo: @RoseBowlTavern
- $$$ Paypal: email@example.com
– Please follow CDC guidelines