The 2019 Festival is in the history books. Thanks for coming out! Even on a cold and rainy Saturday we had great crowds. Huge gratitude to all the volunteers who made it possible. Hey, let’s do it again next year!
Check out Smile Politely’s photo highlights of the festival:
Friday Night Recap
Saturday Night Recap
Huge thanks to the folks at Smile Politely. Seth Fein, Patrick Singer and the entire crew of SP go out of their way to support the Folk & Roots Festival and we appreciate all they do.
- The City of Urbana Arts & Culture Program for their on-going support of the festival.
- Black Dog Smoke & Ale House, Red Herring Vegetarian Restaurant, Common Ground Food Co-op, and the army of volunteers who provided food for the artists and workers.
- All our venues, especially Rose Bowl Tavern, The Iron Post, Blackbird, and C4A, who hosted the bulk of the shows.
- The Urbana Free Library for providing space for the festival to offer free concerts and workshops all day Saturday.
- The Urbana Park District for providing a stage for the Cohen Bldg.
- Techline for providing chairs.
- Chris Breen, Jose Agusti, Rich Cahill & Doug Schroer, the muscle behind set-up and load out at Cohen and C4A.
- The Sound Crew. You can’t hear the music without them: Steve McQueen, Frank Horger, Keith Hall, Dustin Norder, Mike Feldman, Mike Knapp, Doug Schroer, Bob Pearse, Mike Knapp, John McMahon, Charlie Harris, Rick Kubetz, Nick Pitingolo, Bob Henne, Jeff Yonkus, Matt Turino.
- Juday Audio